BITS Pilani Humour: Fun with BITSians!
- Have you heard the full name of BITS-Goa? It’s ‘Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Krishna Kumar Birla Goa Campus’. It includes names of two places, name of an individual and a family name repeated twice!
- BITS Pilani faculty witticism: “Please be sure to attend tomorrow’s class. You are going to have ‘surprise’ test.”
- Did you know what ‘CGPA’ stands for? – ******* (ban) Gaye Pilani Aake
- Even boys do make-up (for lost classes and marks)!
- Condolences are offered as: “Don’t worry! All campuses are equal.”
- Only day when the entire batch really takes a bath is the Farewell Day.
- Cleaning the room means that to make a way from the door to the bed.
- Another BITS faculty joke: Name the 5 reference books listed in your course handout. (5 marks) (This gem of a question was asked in the end-semester comprehensive exam for Fluid Mechanics.)
- BITS Pilani fun is not limited to the campuses. After explaining about the official names of the campuses to an aunty for 10 minutes, she told her friend, “There are 3 Pilani in India and 1 in Dubai.”
- A priceless incident at BITS Pilani Goa Campus: The Professor was giving a powerpoint presentation about iteration method to 300 BITSians. A students gets up and starts asking questions. The discussion between both of them reaches to levels where rest of the class is almost asleep. Just then, a screensaver showing a model in beach-skimpy clothes starts showing itself on the projector screen. It was a laughter riot!
In the end, there have been several BITS students who think that the acronym of their institute would have a better acronym if it passes off from the ‘Birla’ family to the ‘Tata’ family. What do you think about it?