List of Important Dates and Steps to Apply for JEE Advanced, 2014
Engineering aspirasnt who have secured top 1.5 lakh ranks in JEE Mains will take JEE Advanced examination 2014 for admission in undergraduate courses at prestigious IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
As registrations for JEE Advanced start from May 4th, 2014 to May 9th, 2014, candidates have only 5 days to apply for JEE Advanced 2014. Hence to help students stay well-informed, we have made a list of important dates and steps to apply for JEE Advanced below.
- Online registration opens: May 4, 2014
- Online registration ends: May 9, 2014
- Last date of receipt of registration fee through e-challan mode: May 12, 2014
- JEE Advanced 2014 exam: May 25, 2014
- JEE Advanced 2014 results: June 19, 2014
- Online IIT/ISM course selection opens: June 20, 2014
- Online IIT/ISM course selection ends: June 24, 2014
- Online release of first round of seat allocation: July 1, 2014
- Online release of second round of seat allocation: July 7, 2014
- Online release of third round of seat allocation: July 12, 2014
- Withdrawal of seat and refund of provisional admission fee: July 9 to July 11, 2014
How to Apply
Applicants can register online only after the results of JEE-Mains are declared. Fee for the examination is charged through a challan generated during online registration.
The fees are to be paid at any branch of SBI (State Bank of India). The examination fee for male candidates is Rs 2,000, and the fee for SC/ST/ PwD male candidates is Rs 1,000.
No fee is charged for female candidates.
Keep scanned copies of the following documents ready when you register online:
1. Date of Birth
2. Class X certificate
3. Your signature in JPEG format
4. Passport size photograph in JPEG format
5. Choice of language for question paper
6. Choice of examination city/town
7. Category/Sub-Category certificate if applicable
8. Year of first attempt in JEE (Advanced) if applicable
The rank you secure in JEE Mains 2014 is valid for a period of 2 years, i.e. a student gaining a rank amongst top 1,50,000 in the JEE (Mains) 2014 can give JEE (Advanced) in 2014 and 2015, after that he/she will have to retake the JEE Mains exam.