MNIT Jaipur: Why to Join It and Why to Avoid It?
The institute formerly known as Malaviya Regional Engineering College or MREC was established in 1962. It was a joint venture of the government of India and government of Rajasthan. The institute offers eight 4- year undergraduate courses of study leading to the Bachelor of Technology degree and a 5-year undergraduate course leading to the Bachelor of Architecture degree, for a total of over 3000 students.
MNIT Jaipur is widely considered to be in the top 5 NITs. For the in-demand courses, you would need a rank of about 2000, whereas the less- loved branches would admit you with a rank of around 8000.
Placements: Placements at MNIT Jaipur are very good for the worthy. If you are willing to work hard and give your best shot at all the times, then MNIT Jaipur has everything to assist you to get ahead with. Some of the recuiters at Jaipur MNIT are- ACC Ltd, Mahindra and Mahindra, MAQ SoftwareMaruti Suzuki, Mediatek, Mu-Sigma, Oracle, BPCL, Polaris, Reliance, Compro Tech, Samsung, Deloitte, SAP Labs, EIL, Ericsson, Siemens, Headstrong, HCL, TATA, Hero Moto Corp, Jindal Steel, Voltas, Verizon, Infoedge and so on.
- Highest Salary offered in MNIT Jaipur 2013 Placements : 7.4 LPA
- Average Salary offered in MNIT Jaipur 2013 Placements : 5.37 LPA
Faculty: There are about 150 faculty members at MNIT Jaipur. The faculty-student ratio is 1:38.1.
Notable faculty of MNIT Jaipur include-
- Prof. K.K. Aggarwal
- Prof. IK Bhat
- Sh. RL Toshniwal
- Sh. Prem Surana
- Prof. Surendra Prasad
Facilities: The campus extends over 312 acres or 1.26 km2 of lush foliage. It provides dispensary, staff clubs, banks, community centre, post office, staff residences, school, gymnasium, guest houses, playing fields, and canteen.
The campus is in four sectors:
- Instructional buildings: The instructional buildings include departments, administrative block, and the library.
- Central facilities
- Students hostels
- Staff colony
Students Groups: The student organisations at NITC include Enquire9 the NITC Quiz Club, Club Mathematica, Robotics Interest Group – RIG, The Forum for Dance and Dramatics -DND, The Literary and Debating Club -LND, Computer Science & Engineering Association – CSEA, The Music Club, Team Unwired – Engineering and Technology Club, Society of Automotive Engineers -SAE student chapter, Audio Visual Club- AVC, The Industrial and Planning Forum – IPF, the Indian Society for Technical Education – ISTE Students’ Chapter, the Adventure Club or Ad- Club, the Nature Club and the Indian Cultural Association.
Extra Curriular Activities:
- MNIT annually organizes Neuron its national level technical festival. This technical fest is one of the biggest technical festival in India, which has a participation of 10, 000 students attending from all over the country.
- Annually MNIT conducts the MNIT Sports Tournament. Many students from all across the country like from NITs and IITs participate in the event. Jaipur MNIT is part of the Inter- NIT sports federation.
- MNIT Jaipur hosts Blitzschlag- which is a national level techno- cultural festival. It is a 3-day long event held towards the end of January every year. It attracts a crowd of 25, 000 students from more than 200 colleges all over the country.
For more information click here